Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

It's a dogs life

Our little Sanyu is the quite the dog. I got Sanyu (I named her Sanyu in honor of the babies home that Ella came from) about two months before I brought Ella home and after L's arrival, Sanyu attached immediately with her. Because Ella was an only child for 19 months before Frankie came home, our dogs, Bridger and Sanyu, were somewhat like siblings to L. She learned to share, etc, from living with these two crazy dogs! At times I was a bit worried that Ella thought that she was a dog, especially when she affectionately bit her friend one day while they were playing :).

The odd (and rather shocking) thing that I've come to find about my children is that neither particularly even like dogs. They love Bridger and Sanyu but are not extremely jazzed about other people's dogs. Frankie will even scream at dogs who aren't Bridger or Sanyu!

Ella is the only person I know who enjoys and prefers being woken up in the morning by being jumped on by a pack of smelly dogs!

Sanyu simply loves kids and even likes to get in on the trampoline action!

Madeline is having no luck pushing Sanyu off!

This is Sanyu's favorite position during meal times - right under the table where the kids massage her with their feet!

This is indeed getting a "foot massage!"

And then there's Ms Dave the crazy rabbit, sitting on the top of a bucket with her head stuck in the dog food bag, eating dog food. She definitely thinks that she's a little dog, too!

Ella watched a scary movie over the weekend (oops, my bad) and has had trouble sleeping the last couple of nights. The first night she slept with me in my bed, then last night she tried to sleep in her own. That just wasn't happening until Sanyu jumped up into bed with her and L quickly fell fast asleep! Sanyu laid beside her the entire night while Ella snoozed away. Thank you Sanyu, for filling in for me! And no, it doesn't bother me that L's just as content with her smelly little red dog sleeping beside her as she is with her mother :)

No comments: