Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

New Threads!

We got our clothes back from the tailors last week so were able to proudly wear them to church on Sunday. I picked these styles because not only are they African, but they’re adult styles, too, which really makes the kids look like miniature adults and cracks me up. They turned out awesome! I have a skirt and top out of the same material, but with more of a western style.

The fabulous foursome, dressed in their finery

Sarah and I agree that Frankie looks like a little Nigerian man in his outfit!! One thing that Frankie has up on his grandpa is that he now owns a pair of purple pants. How many guys do you know that can boast of having such an possession? Not many in Montana, trust me! I think Frankie will be leaving these home when we go visit though.... ;)

Ella’s outfit also cracks me up. She looks like a miniature West African woman! I seriously want to start calling her “Madame” when she wears this, and let her yell at me and order me about. Yes, I get over it fast! : -)

Many of the kids from Ella’s babies home, if they weren’t adopted (which percentage wise, few were), were sent to a huge, mega institution, where they have VILLAGES chock full of orphans. To help raise money they dress the kids much like this, coach them to sing and dance, and take them on world tours. Needless to say, Ella would have been a prize money maker. So, although I enjoy dressing my children like this, I’m not coaching them on their singing or dancing, nor am I booking any tours! While cute, I don’t plan on making any money off them ;)

Sis and Bro : -) Truly my pride and joy!

No comments: