Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Studying" and Playing

Got Milk? Ella sure does – all over her face!

We watched “Gifted Hands”, the movie about Ben Carson, the famous American neurologist. It inspired us so that we decided that Frankie needed to wear glasses and start “school” at the tender age of two. Some people just need more time to become geniuses than others and we wanted Frankie to have plenty of time...

L’s giving the whole glasses thing a try too. I mean, it can’t hurt and we’ll take any help we can...


I always snickered at over achieving stay-at-home mothers of toddlers who took teaching their young ones preschool so seriously. Now my own two year old, Frankie, the soon-to-be-genius-neurologist, has started his schooling. I am so intense and serious about it that pretty much he just spends his time opening and closing the pencil box a million times while his sister works on her preschool. We give him a piece of paper to “work on” just so that he feels included. Over achiever I am NOT! And I rather doubt that Frankie will be either ;)

We went to a yard sale over the weekend and the kids got some great new toys. Good toys that aren’t super expensive are hard to find here, my kids LOVE toys, and we got some great ones!

How much more perfect could a little workbench, complete with tools, be for the little H children? Seriously, I couldn’t believe it! These little hellions are always wanting to play with my real tools and now instead of my $150 cordless drill, they have their own to play with!

We also got a beautiful little kitchen set AND several little pans. My kids LOVE, love, love kitchen toys!

And of course we got some little horses... (which Frankie appears to be eating?)

Fun!

1 comment:

James 1:27 Family said...

Wow! That's an awesome milk moustache! It's so perfectly formed.

I tried to be one of those overachieving moms and failed miserably. When I stopped trying, my kids actually started learning things! Funny how that works.