The kids got to web cam with their Granny the other day. Granny was trying to tell them about the three new fluffy little chicks that had hatched in her chicken coop. Unfortunately she made the mistake of asking the kids to guess what the surprise in her chicken coop was. Frankie made a gallant effort. Or something!
Granny: I have a surprise in my chicken coop. Can you guess what it is?
Frankie: Chicken poop!
Granny [gamely continuing]: Um, well, yes, but I have something else in my chicken coop! Can you guess what it is?
Frankie: Chicken butts!
Granny Um, well, er... not what I was thinking.....
Frankie: Chicken wieners!
Granny: CHICKS! I have three fluffy little CHICKS!!!!
Yup, missionary children are really a cut above the rest with their thoughtful, spiritual insights into things. I know it gives their Granny great delight to know that her grandchildren are being raised so well..... :-0
I will let Granny explain to him when he’s older that chickens don’t actually have wieners, but that might be a bit much for his little two year old mind at the moment ;) At least he was engaging in conversation with his Granny!
4 comments:
Yep! In our "Christ-centered" home, poop, butts, and weiners dominate the conversations! Glad to hear we're normal.
Love,
Amy
Hi Grace,
My name is Abi and me and my husband are adopting from Uganda. We are paper ready and were planning on going through Sanyu as that is where we volunteered last year. However, the wait is long and my dad checked out Nsambya last week when he was in Uganda and told me there are babies waiting for homes. That is when I googled the orphanage and came across your blog and your recommendation of Victoria. I since have been emailing her and I am wondering if I may email you with a few questions before we go ahead with Nsambya? I would be ever so grateful. Thank you so so much.
AbiQ
PS my email is abiqphoto@gmail.com :)
hahahahahahah.
this gave Russ and I a great laugh!
BOYS!
Post a Comment