Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two years!

Two years ago today I brought home a bald, frightened 32 lb little “bundle of joy” (I can’t believe it was only two years ago – seems like she’s always been with me!). Only she wasn’t bundled and she certainly wasn’t full of joy! My life changed forever that day and I can’t imagine what life would be like for me if I didn’t have my little Ella. What a joy and blessing she has been and the older she grows, the MORE joy and blessing she brings! And not just to me, either, but to our extended family and our friends around us.


March 10th, 2008, saying her farewell’s to her teachers, Lydia, Mercy and Harriet, and her very special little friend, Jorum.


Ella was three years old when I was finally able to bring her home, after being institutionalized her entire life. They say that for every year a child spends before they come home, they take that same number of years to fully adjust to their new home. Those of us whom have adopted “older” children know just what all “adjustment” involves and all it’s implications. I truly believe this and would never under estimate the impact all those first formative years in a childs life.


Which makes it all the more obvious at how God miraculously worked in little Ella’s life. In just twelve or thirteen months after coming home I can honestly say that Ella was fully adjusted, had worked through ALL those weird institutionalization issues, and had a healthy and normal attachment and relationship with me, like that of a biological child or a child adopted as an infant. You would NEVER guess that she was adopted at three years old – most people assume she was adopted as an infant. Which is why it’s so hard for me to believe that’s it’s only been two years since she came home!! It seems like my little L has been a part of me forever!


Not quite sure how old she was in this picture but dang was she a cute baby!


Ella is truly a testament of God’s sovereignty and that he does not, ever, forget the orphan, nor is anyone ever conceived, a “mistake,” no matter their socioeconomic status, parentage or race. So many babies, very similar to both my children in their race and socioeconomic status, are aborted every day in the United States, simply because they are deemed inconvenient or a “mistake.” Praise God that Ella’s birth mom chose to give her not only life, but love and care for her first three months after birth.


Babies home at almost 2.5 years


Home at 3 years

In Montana at 4 years (on my old horse in my old saddle no less ;)

Today at 5 years!


Were her hair pink I might mistake it for cotton candy!

WHAT A KID!




3 comments:

Beth said...

I can't believe its been two years either! She's so beautiful. Congrats Moma.

Annie H said...

Ella really has been a testimony to God's grace, hasn't she? and YES - pink hair would absolutely be DELICIOUS!!! We are so grateful for Ella in our lives -even without pink hair... Nan

Unknown said...

This e-mail was sent to me. HOping you can give them some contact info. as I dont' have any. Thanks!

agmibanda@hotmail.com


My wife Agnes and I are happy to see your blog. We visited that orphanage in summer 2008 and we volunteered for only 3 hours.
we are living in nairobi, and we are planing to go there again, but we have lost some contacts, if you can help us with someone contact, it may help us. also, that time we were there, they said that they have a guest house where people can sleep and have food, to support children home. do you have any idea where this guest house or lodge is? and how much it cost per night per person? and how far it is from the nsambya babies home?
those are kind of information we need, so we can start plan earlier for that.

We love and will be happy if you can send us more stories about your trip in Uganda.

God bless you.

Pastor Milly and family