Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

The life of Ms Dave

Miss Dave is quite the little character. I've had lots of pet rabbits before but none that lived in the house nor who were quite like Miss Dave!

She had her house renovated (would you call this a "high rise" now?) and moved in with her new roommate, Spronkie the Hedgehog. With my trusty cordless drill, I made a few alterations on the shelf above them (that holds our microwave, food, and water filter) so that now the crate tucks right under it, quite nicely. During this procedure I learned that two year olds are handy to have around for wiggling into small spaces and retrieving dropped drill bits. Rabbits are good for NOTHING during an operation like this, as all they do is hop around trying to lick your drill and your feet.

We also got some SAWDUST to put in her cage, rather than just the sand and dirt that I was using before. Let me tell you, our lives are CHANGED now!!!! The dirt was REALLY stinky, no matter how often you changed it (rabbit urine is STRONG smelling stuff!) and it was hard to get dry dirt because of all the rain. So our house stunk. Bad. Sawdust is SO much more absorbant. I put baking soda in there to try to cut some of the urine smell, and some vanilla in the sawdust to give it a nice, flavorfull aroma. Nice!!! I am SO happy with the new changes in Ms Dave's living conditions! And so is she!

I was amazed that she hopped in there voluntarily last night, climbed up on top of Spronkie's house, and fell asleep!!! I think she must enjoy the smell of vanilla, waifting through the air... ;) Usually it's quite a battle trying to get her back in her cage.

She's in her cage during the day when I'm gone but after I come home we let her out and she's free to hop around the yard. Then in the evening she hops around the house. She has a few bad habits, like peeing in the bathroom, but we just keep the bathroom door closed when she's out.

Out for a hop in the great out of doors!

What do you keep on your coffee table? We keep a bucket full of cars, a bible, a cup, an empty popcorn bowl, a rabbit, a candle stick, a pile of papers....

Dave is big enough to jump up on the couch now. She likes to jump up there and keep who ever is on there company!

Ella's been sick for this last week so spent a lot of time on the couch watching movies - which Dave liked!

One of her favorite perches in on the back of the couch. She's got herself some big ears!

Anyone up for a movie?

1 comment:

James 1:27 Family said...

I was smiling along with all of the funny Ms Dave pictures until I saw Ella sick on the couch. I hope she feels better soon!

Love in Jesus,
Amy