Over the weekend our family attended our first ever Families For Children coffee morning. It was great meeting with other adoptive parents and children, as well as hearing about some upcoming probable changes in
Since I avoid
The paint had worn off a bit here but he had a little pink cat nose and whiskers and was supposed to look like a tiger. Here he pretty much just looks like an Indian on the warpath! He enjoyed roaring the entire way home.
We also went to Game, which Ella called Walmart the entire time. She is going through a really enthusiastic stage and she rode in the shopping cart whooping down the isles, “WooHOOOOOO!” and didn’t quit until we got home - an hour drive later! The day this child ever consumes alcohol should be an interesting one ... ;-)
Frankie has taken to lifting weights. I want him big and strong so that he can start carrying and lifting heavy stuff for me ;)
It’s been really hot lately (because I bought the kids long pants a week ago!) and since the swimming pool is STILL being renovated (since October!) and our water pressure is crap so we can’t use a sprinkler, the kids get in their swimsuits on the trampoline and I throw buckets of water on them. When I get sick of fetching and carrying endless buckets of water I just give them some rags and a bucket of soapy water and they have a blast scrubbing the trampoline.
I’m going to enjoy these easily occupied preschool moments while I can!
Ella takes it all very seriously
Frankie washing the tramp in his white underwear. After dining at beach restaurants watching people frolic in the Lake, I have come to the firm conclusion that no man should wear white, wet briefs, - especially a black one! To do so in front of me and Prossy is to reap a lot of ridicule, sneers and condescending (if not funny) remarks. Frankie will learn all of that in the future. But for now I’m letting him innocently wash his trampoline in his white briefs.
Watching a movie while seated on a pillow next to her dog, absently rubbing her dog’s tummy....
3 comments:
great pics! Glad you had a nice time at that event. Did they mention any news about international adoption for families in the usa to adopt from Uganda?
No, not really. The new law would make the fostering period MUCH shorter (only six months as opposed to 36) but might do away with Legal Guardianship altogether. Great for those of us who live here but more challenging for those of you who don't. Keep praying! I think there are more positive feelings towards international adoption now.
Hello, I came across your blog and have been enjoying the adorable pics of your children and pets! I am an American woman living in Kampala and I am just beginning the foster/adopt process. I would love to get in touch with other adoptive parents in Kampala. Does the group you mention, Families for Children, meet regularly? Is there any way to contact members? My email is brooke (dot) bocast (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you for your help.
Post a Comment