Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Preparing for the circus

This has been a busy week work wise, hence the lack of blogging. So many things I wanted to "report" and things I wanted to write about (especially concerning the elections!) but by the time I'd get home I just didn't have what it takes to get my computer, that I'd been sitting at all day, out of the bag and actually write something!

So, I'll just post a couple of pics of "the kid" that I took, as well as our trusty dog, Bridger, as they prepare for the circus that we are going to this weekend. Yep, a circus! I have never been to a circus in a third world country before and I've a feeling it will be memorable :).

The splits. I think she may be getting a little bit to big for this swing, and has begun to look for alternatives in how to use it.

Amazing that 7 months ago she couldn't even pump it and was a little nervous of it, and now she's using it as a jungle gym!

This shirt cracks me up. Her Granny got it for her and yes, I think Ella seriously thought she needed to call her a few times yesterday (some tears over Mommy not doing a puzzle for her)! As a friend wisely observed, " I can't imagine that working very well with your grandma!" And he was right. This shirt, on this child, with her particular Granny is pretty funny!


Well, maybe her Granny would fall for this face!



Taa daa!!

Exhausted... ;)

Work was an interesting one this week. Quite a bit of frustration initially, but then that got worked out and the last two days have been down right enjoyable. I just love engaging with people and making things happen! Unfortunately you can't make things happen all by yourself, but when everyone is working together on a friendly basis and doing their part, it makes work fun. When not everyone is working together, either at all or not a friendly basis, and are not doing their part is when everything becomes frustrating and screeches to a halt. Add good communication as a crucial element as well. All these variables and it's amazing that we ever get anything accomplished! I really need to post more about my work. But later :).

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I do the same acrobatics with my kids, we call it superman flying!! It is a great workout for me after doing it for all of them : ) God Bless you~

Mama in Uganda said...

You two crack me up!