Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend with friends

Ella and I spent this weekend enjoying some of our friends. Saturday we went to Kampala where we had a hotdog roast in Lisa's backyard, then Sunday Harriett and her kids came down to our house in Entebbe. A fun time was had by all.

One of the great things about weekends is that you can sleep in a little...

This is where Sanyu strategically places herself during meal times

The only danger is falling asleep and Bridger getting any tasty morsels that fall, first

This is the AWESOME little boda that Lisa got for Ella! It is a "station wagon" variety so Ella has haul around her babies. She also likes putting her sippy cup back there. Might need to make cup holders...
Lillypie, strapped into her seat with a bailing twine seat belt (compliments of me. You can take a girl out of Montana but...)

Ella and Harriet. I just love this picture!

Jackie and Ella on the boda

Action!

Ella and Jackie

Getting a ride

Ella was really, super tired Saturday because she'd missed her nap. She was whining and crying all evening and a little miffed that we had dinner with the neighbors and I actually sat and talked with them, without giving her my full and undivided attention. As she was getting ready to brush her teeth she told me, "I'm cranky and tired!" At least the kid is honest...

Well, planning meetings start tomorrow and my sister, Becky, comes Thursday. I will work through Wednesday and plan to take the rest of the week off. Hence my blogging will be limited for the next couple of weeks.

I will be gone all day for the planning meetings, so this will be a first for Ella. Then Becky will come and I'll take some time off, which will be a change from routine. This is really a perfect time for Becky to come because I'm afraid Ella is starting to get very spoiled. In her mind, as long as Becky comes, brings her toys, plays with her and obeys any and all of her commands (PROMPTLY), doesn't make a big deal out of the dogs, nor talk to her Mom a lot, things should be fine. Aunt Becky will just need to be kept in her place! I'm pretty sure that L will get a bit jealous that all my time isn't spent focused on her so much. Ella would get frustrated when her Granny would sit and play games with her Mom, and still gets a little irked when Kathryn or Sarah have the nerve to chat with her mother for longer than three seconds. So I think this visit will be really good for Ella. It will sure be good for me!

We are EAGERLY awaiting the birth and arrival of our neighbor's baby this week. Ella and I are well psyched for it, having helped put together the babies bed and watching Kathryn's tummy grow. I surprise myself at how anxious and nosy I am about the whole thing, every morning going over there to ask how everything is going. Like they're just going to say, "Oh yah, here's the baby, Grace. It came last night" or something. Or else, "Oh, the baby came last week. Did we forget to tell you?" I'm trying not worry about it but am starting to fuss a little... I'm getting as bad as Ella!!

No comments: