Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snaggle Tooth

Ella lost another tooth in her usual unconventional Ella fashion. She lost her bottom two teeth a YEAR ago when she had just turned five and her top tooth had been wiggly since JUNE. It came out in November and I fully expected her to lose her other front one soon (cuz it's wiggly too!). But nope, Ella lost another bottom tooth a few weeks ago! So she really has a sort of lopsided look to her goofy little face now. Like she's been in one too many bar fights :)

I am so blessed to be the mother of this child. She really is a great, goofy little kid.

Today (being Ella's BIRTHDAY!) I used the opportunity to start up a conversation about the woman who was pregnant with and gave birth to her. We know absolutely zip about this gal and Ella has never shown much interest in her. Usually she likes to talk about little baby Ella instead and how she cried all the time, pooped in her diapies, etc. Today she told me, "I wish she [her birth mother] would have just kept me until I found my new family!" I assured her that the gal had NO idea that it would take three years for L to finally come home!

We talked about how Ella cried a lot as a baby (she was a very unhappy baby and cried all the time - then she hit three, came home, and she's been happy ever since!) and she said, "Yep - I was like 'get me outta here!" I NEVER ever talk negatively about the babies home - EVER - and it's interesting to me that Ella just remembers that that was not a good place to be. I mean, we are still good friends with a couple of gals who worked there and who really loved and helped Ella. Children just need FAMILIES no matter how nice their babies homes or orphanages are or how good their caretakers are! Thank you Lord that Ella found hers and that it's MINE! Snaggle teeth and all :)

3 comments:

Courtney Willis said...

Agreed! Forever families for everyone!!!!!!!
Happy birthday sweet girl!

Luv4thePaws said...

Awww, I love this post!! So sweet and touching. And, look at that grin!! :)

Happy Birthday, Ella! :)

James 1:27 Family said...

Thank you for writing this! It's so important for people to hear that kids aren't happy in institutions. Even little ones know that they don't want to be there and want to be in FAMILIES!!!! God sets the lonely in families! (Psalm 68:6) It doesn't say that He sets them in orphanages with really nice people to take care of them! :) We all need families. I'm 36 and I still need my family.

Ella, you are a fine gal. Happy Birfday! (I'm guessing that's how she says it nowadays with the missing teeth and all...)

Love,
Amy