Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Taking a Pack Swim!

WE headed out today to take a Pack Walk in the Gardens and low and behold, it turned into a Pack Swim in the Lake! It was a beautiful day that turned out to be really warm and we had the entire beach to ourselves!

Along the way - collecting tree cotton

Hanging out on the cliffs and nope, I didn't lose anybody! I can't recommend small children, cliffs, and jostling dogs to be a very safe activity but it sure is fun!

We may be weird but we sure have fun together!

There's always got to be at least ONE clown...

Throwing rocks off of the cliff

Plunk. Glad Bridger thought twice before he launched himself after it- especially since I was holding the end of his leash!

Enjoy your fame now while you can, Cesar, cuz there's a young whisperer coming up in Uganda!

Two young Ugandan whisperers, in fact. Must get these children more dogs...

Then the walk turned into a SWIM! Bridger kindly gave the pups some swimming lessons.


Sometimes it just sucks to be three year old human who wears clothes :) After several trips up and down the beach screaming, he finally got his shirt off, ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

Ella kept saying how she liked the "green water" and wasn't this so much better than a swimming pool because it was so much cheaper? Gotta love our perpetual optimist! And cheapskate ;)

Without thinking, little Madea jumped in after some birds!

Whew!

Frank literally streaking down the beach after his sister :) Don't worry, there was no one else on the beach so no, we are NOT going European!

The kids were entertained by throwing sticks (or a feather) to themselves and then chasing it. Bridger has trained them well I think!

Chewing a bone on the beach...

I enjoyed watching these fisher men fishing with their net

Doing laps... I gave up after a few times of telling her not to get her hair wet!

Sanyu is my partner. She sat beside me like this on the beach the entire time. She isn't a water dog and attacks people (for fun) if she's off her leash, so beside me she had to remain.

Fun just isn't fun unless you have a good stick to play with!

Running and jumping into the water!

Tired, wet and happy :)

1 comment:

Luv4thePaws said...

I love the last photo, but all of them are great! Tom saw Ranger and said he looks like Charlie's pup. :) Gotta love those long-legged shepherd mixes!

Glad you had so much fun. I'm jealous!