Last week poor old Bridger got his side caught on the neighbors gate and tore off a good sized chunk of skin. He said it was from a bullet wound and that he was injured in the line duty but there was a credible witness who testified that Bridger was instead playing with Sanyu and caught himself on the gate. We are currently in the process of suing our neighbors and the manufactures of the gate... ;)
Anyways, I wasn’t all that worried about it since Bridge keeps it nice and clean but then thought that perhaps, as the responsible dog owner, I should intervene. He won’t quit licking it so it isn’t getting a chance to heal over properly.
So, out comes my first aid kit and up trots my four, almost five, year old assistant. The vets are back in business and Bridger is the hapless victim this time!!
I didn’t want to bring out the ‘big guns” at first, and hoped that a more simpler, patch job would do the trick...
.... and it did. For about all of five minutes! And yes, those are indeed band aids. And yes, I should indeed have known better ;)
So after that failed attempted, my assistant and I brought out the big guns – the ace bandage!
Under this bandage (which yes, does look like he’s wearing underwear) is Neosporin and vitamin E, with two sterile pads, all wrapped up with the bandage. It is HILARIOUS to see him start out walking – looks like his undies are on too tight! But after a while he almost forgets that it’s even on and happily goes about his guarding duties in his... underwear! It’s so funny to see him charging after people that come and keeping them at bay, all the while wearing what looks like dog underwear. Bridger has a good self esteem, I can say that much!
We still really miss Kayo and Ella continues to pray for him every single night. But, we are appreciating and enjoying Bridger and Sanyu more. I must say, they are really good dogs. And we’ve been enjoying the new bunny, Dave, too. I let him out to hop everyday after I get back from work and he hops about the yard and porch with the kids. Too cute! We’ve also been letting Spronkie the Hedgehog out but all she usually does is curl up and go to sleep under the marigolds.
No comments:
Post a Comment