I did it! I survived my three month maternity leave and am back to work! Stay at home mom I am NOT so it feels great to be back in the groove again, heading out of the house in the morning (after I’ve successfully fed and dressed the kids, not to mention dressed myself!), working with other adults for six hours in something that I’m truly committed to, then coming home to chill and have fun with my happy, rested kids, dogs and rabbit.
Ella is totally fine with it although she did try to convince me on Monday to take her with me to work. Didn’t happen :).
Frankie wanted to be a bit distant and just a touch snarky with me both Monday and Tuesday but the rest of the week has seemed JUST FINE when I came home. I just make sure that we sit and have some “mommy time” (forced snuggling) and talking, whether he likes it or not. Initially he’ll want to get down or not look at me, but after about two minutes he’s talking and laughing and then doesn’t want to get down. Like I said, yesterday he didn’t seem to have a problem have a all. And it was only his third day of me at work!!! So different than Ella who was still trying to choke and pinch me three months later... :)That’s the difference between adopting a two year old as compared to a three year old I think.
What a huge blessing to have someone like Sarah with whom to leave them with. It is HARD to find someone who you can trust with your kids and who will continue to be consistent with them. Sarah knows how I do things, what is important to me, and doesn’t let my kids get away with anything –just like me! And she truly loves and likes my kids which makes ALL the differences. And my youngsters LOVE Sarah, too! I’m beginning to wonder if adopted children are easier than biological ones for other people to love and commit to. Because a lot of people really show an interest and involvement in my kids. And I love it!
Ella managed to snap this picture, which seems to be a fairly adequate depiction of how I spent a large portion of my maternity leave. A rather large Frankie sitting on my lap, with my computer perched nearby : ) Another seemingly large percentage of my maternity leave was spent cooking for the hungry little rascals and cleaning the kitchen. It’s small and boy can it get dirty fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment