Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Two Month Anniversary Frankie!!!!

Today, in honor of Frankie's two month anniversary of being home, we drove to Kampala through the horrible Christmas traffic, to pay the lawyer an ADDITIONAL one million shillings for Franks Legal Guardianship. A one million shillings (about $600) that I hadn't planned on and was a complete surprise to me. Needless to say, you can imagine how happy I was, especially since this is DOUBLE what little L's Guardianship was, 19 months ago. But I had a nice chat with Victoria and come to find out I had just missed receiving the new prices which are actually pretty reasonable.

We stopped at our favorite Ethiopian joint on the way home and filled ourselves with delicious Ethiopian food, so all was well :)

We have a different boy here than the little guy we brought home two months ago. The change is amazing! He is a happy, bouncy little guy who likes to laugh and make us laugh. Gotta love his weird sense of humor! He's becoming more outgoing and is even voluntarily talking to people now! What's also amazing is how much easier it is for a two year old to adjust than for a three year old. That extra year really matters.

Ella has thanked me more than once for bringing home her "Frankie brother." Yes, she still likes to tease and kick him sometimes but in general she LOVES him and he loves her. It is really neat to see. Its getting harder and harder to imagine how our lives were without him!

Physically he's changing as well. He's lost his big belly and while still nice and chunky, he's slimmed down a bit with all the exercise and activity he gets. Also, he eats like a normal two year old now, rather than like a starving teenager. I almost think he's possibly grown a bit taller, too.

I'm SO THANKFUL to God for working in Frankie's life like He has been in Ella's. It is truly miraculous to see someone change so dramatically and it is only by His hand. I never expected another kid to adjust as well as Ella did but it looks like God is doing it again! (Why does this surprise me? It shouldn't but it does! )

A boy and his cat - he's happy because Cody is smaller than him and can't knock him down!

Sis and Bro in their pj's
Frankie and Ella on the top bunk - Frankie can climb up there on his own now!

2 comments:

Megancita said...

What a beautiful family. I'm excited to read every day about the progress Frankie is making and the fun activites those kids are up to.

Unknown said...

Amen and amen