The little tyke was all revved up today. His fear of the dogs is greatly residing and he was at ease playing outside all day with the faithful hounds at large and going about their daily activities (which involves a lot of sleeping and following ME around). Him and Ella played outside all afternoon after their naps and it was fun to watch and participate in. No sitting idly on the porch reading a book today! I might have missed out on something fun (or funny!).
First off, we jump on the trampoline. This involves flapping ones arms up and down laughing, giving a hop and crashing down on your butt. Then comes climbing off and on, off and on the trampoline by yourself, with only the help of your willing sister for the remount. The boy likes a challenge!
Then we slide!
Great picture of his tiny, wasted little body... ;) Gotta love that figure! Very, very squeezable :- )
Then we race!!!
Did I fail to mention that Frankie only has one leg? The other was blown off in a landmine...
We also play in the sandpit, with one of faithful hounds sleeping in the middle of it.
Kayo is such a baby that he doesn’t want to miss out on any of the action. He is much calmer after I switched their feed to something cheaper and actually started feeding him more. Blush. That’s really bad to starve your dog just because you’re cheap.... Anyway, Ella has declared him her “best buddy” so I think he’s here to stay. Good thing he’s eating that cheaper dog food (corn and soya)!
Ella planted a garden!
It was really fun watching him crash around today. He’s not clumsy and is pretty nimble on his feet, it’s just that, well, he likes a challenge and those usually involve several tries at something! He fell off both swings, once only being dragged which cracked him up, the other two times really falling. He cried, then was at it again! Ella was doing tricks on her swing and he wanted to, too. He was “bucked” off the horse swing, which didn’t crack him up so much. Maybe he’s learned that you don’t let go and dive for your mom, mid swing. Or maybe not. Perhaps he’ll try to perfect his trick riding!
He pushed his limits at nap time by talking and singing for a half an hour after I’d put him down. Not a problem unless you share a room with your sister. While cute, I didn’t feel like this was a habit that we wanted to continue so I told him no and made him stop. He cried a bit and then went to sleep. At night he didn’t try any tricks but just plopped his little head down on the pillow and went to sleep. Whew!
Like Ella, he’s not strong willed at all but probably just “silently stubborn”! He and Ella have very similar personalities. You only need to tell them no one or two times and they don’t push it. I expect him to start testing his boundaries a bit more in the next week or so but at least this time around I know exactly where our boundaries are, making them much easier to enforce. And there is NO doubt in my mind who is boss, either! This is actually making it much easier for him to adjust than it was for Ella. Poor Ellster was truly my little hapless guinea pig!
No comments:
Post a Comment