Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

And today makes WEEK TWO!

So, two weeks after Frankie’s arrival he is/has:

  • Learned how to kiss (which is totally an American thing – not Ugandan) and show affection (he’s always been snuggly but always on his terms – when he is grumpy and done with you he is DONE WITH YOU. Instead of whining and angrily wiping away my kiss when I put him to bed tonight, he actually threw his little arms around my neck in a big hug!! And he was still even a little cranked about having to go to bed!)
  • Voluntarily pet the dogs and cat and show some affection to them (the big dogs are hard for him to get excited about because they are so BIG compared to him but he actually likes the little puppy quite a bit. He wanders around saying “Doggie! Doggie!” or “Puppy! Puppy!” and knows the different dogs by name)
  • Started to try to control Ella (which can be easy when she starts trying to out mother me. Yes Ella, Frankie DOES need to take naps!)
  • Has started to say “thank you” (or something like that in Frankie talk) when you give him something. This is something he has previously REFUSED to say. Mind you he’ll repeat everything else you say but NOT that. Usually you’ll tell him to say thank you and he’ll look away, smile, open his mouth really wide and breath loud (?) and refuse to say it. And yes, he CAN talk and yes, I do think he needs to say thank you as it would be a little odd to go through life doing this instead!
  • He was circumcised yesterday and I think that has helped attachment already – mainly in that I feel bad for him when he starts to whine (because he has a very obvious reason now!) and want to nurture him more. Also, he LOVES to be cared for and fussed over which is something that I haven’t been doing as much as I did with Ella. Adopting the second time around I am VERY laid back compared to the first time! But the circumcision has caused me to fuss over him a bit which I think he’s needed.
After two weeks of staying at home with my kids all day, I am very tired! Ella is truly a joy to be around, however she talks ALL the time, asks a lot of questions, and is RIGHT THERE whenever you are trying to do anything. This can wear you out! Frankie is emotionally needy, can’t go to the bathroom by himself, can be a bit snarky, and because he doesn’t understand English very well you have to go to extra lengths to communicate with him. And, my bathroom stinks so I’m constantly cleaning it. And I wash dishes about four times a day! I’m never this tired when I’m working at the office 30 hours a week!

Frankie seemed to be engrossed with the puppies tail!

There's not much cuter than a kid and an adorable puppy!

Sanyu and the pup sleeping under the coffee table

No comments: