Last Thursday I was able to take Ella’s passport application in and leave it at the lawyers. Yes. We are still working on that darned passport! I had an unfortunate encounter with a certain government official whom I needed to get a letter from in order to turn in my applications, last November. The man is an asshole, pure and simple. I left his office raving mad and burst into tears in the parking lot. I cry when I’m really, really furious and by golly was I ever! I called our lawyer and she said just to bring in all the paperwork and they’d get the letter, so that is what we’ve done. I’m also hoping that they just run it through immigration for us too. I do not mind the extra fee that’s for sure, if they can get it done in a timely manner and save me the time and extreme frustration. It’s no wonder there is so much corruption in this country. It seems that at times they want to force you into it! The man was requiring something that I can NOT GET because I live here in
3 comments:
Praying for the passport situation!!! I believe I even know the man you are speaking of, so frustrating!!!!!!! I will pray for God to move it through quickly which in Uganda is truly a miracle : ) God Bless you and all you are doing in Uganda. Ella is just so beautiful!!! In HIM~
Well I am a Ugandan from Bunole actually Budumba just looked thru your blog nice to read of your success and all the rest, But for the passport despite me being a Ugandan I learned that I have to be patient and also talk to alot of people to get things done ortherwise the legal way may not always work I hope to return to Uganda for a two week stay around easter and come back to Sothern Spain which may then be my pemanent home. I aslo had a passport problem and well it was really hard for me apart from the fcat that we are taught not to cry when frustrated but just laugh or talk it over with friends who Knows what may come thru
I wish you all the best and success on your passport application
Sorry to hear about the passport issues! i know the feeling of being in the Catch 22, believe me! I'm so glad Ella's doing so well, tho, and really enjoying reading all the stories. :)
Take care and say to the whole family for me.
--Anne Beshears
Post a Comment