I so enjoy working in the yard after I get home from work now. Unfortunately this hasn’t lend any progress in Ella’s school nor in unpacking my remaining boxes, but the outside is looking nicer! Our latest project has been collecting flowers and plants and planting them in our new flower bed that goes around the end of our house. We’ve collected flowers that were growing wild outside of our gate, from our old house, and from the office. We’ll have quite a variety!
I’ve never considered myself a “gardening” type person but wow, it’s hard NOT to be one in Uganda! It’s hilarious – you rip up a plant (hoping that you get the roots too but if not, no big deal), stuff it in some dirt and pour water on it and usually by the next day it’s looking perky again, like nothing ever happened to it! With that kind of near instant transformation to a “landscaping” project, how could anyone not be hooked?
We are almost done planting the flower beds and after that I’m going to start raking up all of the rocks that are around here (a lot of cement and debris was left over from raising the wall). Then I will probably continue to plant more flowers and try to spruce up the outside of our gate a little AND pick up some of the trash along the road that goes by our place. Oh, and maybe I’ll unpack those boxes...
All of my "pups"
"The Pack"
The big dogs are seriously mean and I don't know why. Not over the top aggressive but if they are out and not on leashes they will just RANDOMLY attack people. As in, people who are just STANDING and not moving at all and aren't even near our house. It's crazy. I'm starting to wonder if keeping the pups was smart. I mean, will I have FOUR mean dogs? I don't want to be "those" people with the dangerous dogs who people worry will get out and hurt their children. I do wonder what's wrong with my pack leadership. My dogs are crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment