Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Cats come home

After three weeks of absence, our cat, Cody, decided to bless us with his presence again on Saturday. After being gone for three weeks I had pretty much given him up as gone for good only to be presently surprised to find him amidst the dogs on the porch when we arrived home from shopping.

Ella "rebonding" with Cody. They seemed to have really missed each other!

Funny thing is, I had just been talking to my mom the night before and told her that I thought Cody was gone for good and that we wouldn't be replacing him. He's a really nice cat but come to find out, I am just not a cat person. I am totally and fully a dog person.

A random photo of Ella, taken on Sunday, just because

Sadly, half way through Sunday I was already sick of him as he has been VERY affectionate and jumping up on both me and Ella constantly (L likes it. Me, not so much). Every time I try to sit down there he is, on my lap with his butt in my face. And trying to cook with him inside is ridiculous as he is continually jumping up on my leg and batting at my hands with his paws. Cute the first couple of times but really annoying after that. Yes, he is under appreciated but I am just not a cat person! If he was barking, biting and licking that'd be one thing... ;)

Obviously Ella is totally thrilled that he's back. And I really am too.

He disappeared when the dog, Ginger, we were babysitting came. She didn't chase him or anything - he just got sick of us all and left for greener pastures. Which are pretty hard to find in a third world country where feeding and pampering one's pets aren't a high priority - feeding and sending your kids to school is. But I have a sneaky suspicion that he was mooching off the cat loving neighbors on the other side of our wall because he's in really good shape - not like he's been fending for himself for the last three weeks!

So anyways, welcome back, Cody! Glad you're home safe.

1 comment:

Ugandan girl said...

glad your cat is back...