Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ella’s Passport Is FINISHED!!!

Yesterday Ella and I went into Kampala and picked up her passport!! Thank you Jesus that it’s finally done! After five months of chasing signatures, letters and what not, she now has her passport in her grubby little fists :-)




I had no idea that four year olds got so darned excited about passports but this kid was thrilled! But when you think of it, a tiny book with your picture in it is pretty exciting when you’re four I guess, especially when it means that you can go to Montana to see your Granny and Grandpa.


There was no problem picking it up other than the lady “interviewing” Ella was pretty rough. Ugandans are hard to figure sometimes. They seem, as a general rule, to genuinely like children but manage to scare the crap out of them just the same. This lady was hollering her questions at Ella, telling her that I was NOT her mom but her auntie, while Ella was saying, “No, my mommy, no my mommy” over and over again until she finally gave up and hid behind me. Yah, I don’t blame her! Then she was chastised for not knowing her fourth name, “Mukandoli” even though she knew all three of her other names!! Poor kid. She was happy to get her passport though. And so was I!


I will be making an appointment with the U.S Embassy today for her Visa and hopefully get an interview soon. We have her passport pictures and the form so we are ready!



1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Yeah! Miss you and Ella. I cried when I read your post about missionaries who adopt, thanks. I will be back tomorrow night, with have a long rode of recovery ahead. I am so gosh darn heart sick to see my kids...love and hugs.