Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I VOTED!!

Even living far away in a foreign land, I was able to successfully cast my vote last Friday! I’m so glad that my county in Montana excepts Federal Write-In Ballots by email and that Sally was so helpful in assisting me! It actually took myself, Sally and my Mom to get things all sorted out and I’m so glad that we did.


In my family, if you don’t vote then you aren’t allowed to complain about the outcome. Couple that with the extreme guilt I’d feel if Obama won and I hadn’t voted and I was really getting desperate! In addition to the presidential and vice presidential candidates, I also voted for Montana’s Senator, Representative, Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, State Auditor , State Superintendent, and some others.


I’m praying that once again, the U.S doesn’t get what they deserve in regards to a new president. Ugandans, like those from many other countries, are watching our elections with bated breath. The Christians especially are extremely nervous about anyone who thinks they can “negotiate” with Islamic terrorists, becoming the next American president. Islamic influence and terrorism is very real here and it’s sad that the average Ugandan citizen is more concerned about it than the average American citizen! Probably because they will be affected by it more. I never realized before how our choices and decisions as American voters affects the rest of the world.


No comments: