Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

MT Fair!

This week the kids went to the Montana F@ir - twice! Once with their Grandpa last Saturday, and then again with me and their Granny on Thursday. We had fun but mom and I both agreed that this was the lamest we'd ever seen the MT Fair!

 In the day we would spend over a week at the fair, living in our little camping trailer, as we showed 4H animals of every kind for just about every single day for ten days. So I have a lot of good memories of hanging out in the barns PACKED with animals, cleaning stalls, b-s'ing with friends all day and hitting the shows on the midway in between our show times. Yeah, I was a wild child all right ;) Didn't even do rides because I've got such a queasy stomach ( so I was really glad when their Grandpa took them on the rides on Saturday!).  It was a lot of work but ten days of a lot of fun! So it was a bit shocking this year to see the barns so NOT full of animals and only one VERY lame "show" on the midway. Thankfully the fair food was still the same and I could eat a gyro - my favorite from 15 years ago!! Ha!

Anyhow, we STILL had fun at the fair and the kids loved it - they had no idea that the real fun is spending 10 days there, working your butt off everyday caring for and showing your gazillion animals, and sleeping in a camper between the carnies and the race horses! Anyways, I digress. I had not planned on writing a book reminiscing about my glory days as a champion chicken, swine, sheep, goat and dairy cow showman ;) Plus, I'm too old for all that now anyways.


  
Frank and Ella standing proudly by the Metra





Because of our Norwegian last name, Granny HAD to get the kids their lunch from the Son's of Norway booth. Here is Frankie with his Viking and his Norskie.
And here is Ella with hers! Granny thinks she's so funny with her little "Norwegian" grandchildren ;)



While the show WAS pretty lame, the kids loved it anyways :) Ella was REALLY into Sonic!
The kids loved scrambling for the toilet paper that the guy was shooting out into the crowd. Ella collected 88 grams of the stuff. Granny and I thought the whole thing was pretty lame compared to past shows of lions and tigers, trick dogs and jugglers, but the kids sure did love it!
Playing in corn. Every child should be able to play in a bunch of corn at least once in their lives!

We're gearing up to head back to Uganda - in less than a month! I'm letting myself get excited, something that I haven't let myself do for the last three months because it would have just been too torturous. This last month we have been making the most of our time here in the fun and seeing people department - we've been having so much fun it's almost ridiculous! I've been speaking at different local churches every Sunday too, and have started back to doing a little bit of work in the mornings.  It's good to know that in less than a month I'll be back to my Pack and my dull little routine life of a hermit in Uganda again :) I can't wait!

No comments: