The kids participated in the Easter service this year, with the rest of the Sunday School kids. We opted out on attending both the 8 o'clock and the 10:30 service, so spent the morning cleaning the house (!) and the kids got to receive their Easter candy and toys from Granny. Polly pockets for Ella and cool Spiderman truck for Frankie.
The Sunday School teachers getting the kids lined up to head on down to church. That's the Sunday School building behind them.
Organized chaos! Oh my, this just struck me as so funny. I remember my mother and few other dear women I know, doing this when I was a child. It's like herding cats! My favorite was when one respectable teacher told the children, "If you leave the stage, I will cane you!" Ha ha!
Some of the kids were just TOO CUTE. Little boys in full blown little man suits and tiny little girls in Gomez! Hilarious! Frankie's the little dude sandwiched in front of the gomez clad little girl.
The choir members go marching down to the church... Note Frankie's hand in his pocket (?)!
Sadly, I failed to get any pictures of them actually performing. I got stuck behind a row of large, proud fathers :( Ella was IN to it and Frankie... not so much ;) He was standing with my friends little boy, who sucked his fingers the whole time. Lets just say the two went well together. Hilarious!
After church we went out to eat at the buffet spot that we went to at Christmas. Our new tradition! We ONLY go here on holidays and as you can see, each kid had their own Mountain Dew.
Frankie could eat all the meat that he wanted :)
After lunch we came home and the kids played with their new toys while I made dog food and took a nap. There's nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap with a belly full of food that you didn't have to cook and clean up after!
Then we went to our Alaskan friends house, for our annual Easter egg hunt! Menda went through the Resurrection Eggs with the kids while people like me were outside hiding the eggs. I like hiding eggs! Ella and Frankie loved it! I was glad that Menda could do this because our Resurrection Eggs were packed away last week.
Off they go
Little egg hunter - in his sisters jeans! The boys were supposed to wear black jeans and white shirts to church today and when I went to put Frankie's jeans on him... they were too short! So I pulled out Ella's black jeans and they fit! Say what? This boy is four and a half and wearing a size six jean?? Oh my word! Checking out their loot - and their friends loot too ;) Little Ella just can NOT mind her own business, ever!
Our Alaskan friends are the one's who took our cat, Rodeo, that Ella saved off the main road, for us. He is doing well and they love him! I'm so glad. It is always so rewarding when you can match the right animal with the right family.
No comments:
Post a Comment