Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

1st Grade continues, + some other stuff

Life in first grade is going well. I'm beginning to like the Lifepacs more now that we're through the first workbooks. Ella is not much for review and gets bored easily. When she's bored she really starts fooling around so the first workbooks were a bit exasperating for me. I figured out that you DON'T need to do all of the teachers activities that are in the teachers book and that teaching ONE child, fresh out of kindergarten, is much different than teaching a class of little youngsters (like the teachers books are geared for).


I'm liking the worksheets that they provide and the SIMPLE crafts/worksheets that you can copy. I am NOT crafty AT ALL so this really helps! And Ella really likes to cut and paste things, so it makes her happy too.

Ella with her little Joseph's. I colored the one on the right and L did the one on the left.


You can't see it too well, but L is wearing a hat that I helped her put together. SERIOUSLY crafty for me! The point was to somehow drive home the point that God made her special... Yeah, whatever - through making a hat?



One of the perks of doing your work without farting around - you get to hold the puppy :)


Web caming with their Granny - I think she was reading them a book :)


Awwww, seriously, what could be cuter?


Maybe this? He's growing!


And, since I don't want to leave Frankie out...



The Hunter, stalking a grasshopper. This activity can occupy him for HOURS.

He catches them and then, um, talks to them. Really long conversations until he accidentally squeezes a bit too hard and the guts come out. Then it's off to find another little "friend." Here he is waving to the helpless little grasshopper.

1 comment:

Luv4thePaws said...

I love these last few posts. You know I always enjoy the pictures of your adorable kids and pups, but I was also really glad you shared your heart in the post about your struggles as a missionary. I guess I just assumed you lived this awesome and adventurous life without thinking of how hard it's been for you to fit in to your world. Thank you for sharing! :)