I really can’t believe how tiny these puppies are. They are SO CUTE. Since my parents left and we got back from our trip to Queen E I haven’t been doing so well and these pups are EXCELLENT stress relievers. I know, the last thing most people would want when trying to move is two little puppies but they’ve been a life saver for me!
We have committed an almost unpardonable sin in looking for a home for the female puppy, by giving her a name. We are calling her “Madea” just because we had to call her something other than puppy! We’re still looking for a home for her but will keep her in the mean time. She’s a really nice little puppy too. Really spunky.
As one whose watched the entire series 2 of the Dog Whisperer, Bronco has a very calm and assertive energy about him and there is no doubt that he is “pack leader” material! Poor little guy is so emaciated from his mange that I hated to post his picture, for fear of being thrown in the slammer for animal cruelty.
Bronco's been bathed every five days in a borax/hydrogen peroxide solution (and flea shampoo that makes his hair nice and fluffy) for the last six weeks, which has seemed to control the mange, but not get rid of it. He also had his vaccinations and was dewormed last week which really seemed to have hit him hard. He is SO SKINNY. Looks like hell. Last Thursday I decided to start him on his topical Ivamectrin treatment, even though they say to wait until your cat is four months old. Ivamectrin is a dewormer for cows and allegedly cures mange in cats and dogs, although you have to be careful that it doesn’t kill the cat or dog in the process (it’s strong, potent stuff). Surprisingly, even in his emaciated state, it didn’t seem to affect him negatively at all! Wish I would have started that treatment sooner but oh well.
3 comments:
All told, you are a huge family and a lovely blog.
I have spent an hour catching up on your blog. I and Hew are missing out alot on the family news!! I am right to think that Ranger and Madea are puppy twins?
Regards to Ella and Frankie. Please tell them they are remembered and loved (ofcourse, as and always will be!)
Post a Comment