Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It happened

It was bound to happen. Our family is made up of two different races. It doesn't bother me and it hasn't bothered the kids. Until now...

Ella: " I'm disappointed that your skin is white."
Me: "Oh?"
Ella: "I wish that it was BLUE."

So now I'm the one that's having a racial identity crisis... If only I was blue!

I watched Avatar last night and it only made me feel worse. Not only am I not blue, but I'm not six feet tall, nor do I have a tail! That's one movie Ella will NOT be watching - until she's maybe 21 or so... ;)

1 comment:

Courtney Willis said...

Ok...I had to read this one out loud to my Mom b/c she wanted to know why I was laughing out loud. SO funny!