The kids and I started out the morning with Jiffy mix blueberry muffins (my dad had brought the mix carry on all the way from Montana!) and then Ella washed all the dishes from the night before and wiped all the counters. How can you beat a morning start like that? If you’re not Ella that is... ;)
Then we loaded up Ella’s bike into the car and headed to the zoo. This is the (expensive) bike that I’d bought in April or so, that the kids never play with and sits idly in the shed. To give them credit, there really is no where to ride the bike being as any road suitable around here has crazy traffic and they’re not allowed to go on. So the zoo was perfect! Ella happily rode the darn thing everywhere and was in no danger of getting smooshed by a car (although the lion was acting pretty interested!).
We didn’t get home from the zoo until 1:30pm and by then I really didn’t feel like making lunch. The kids had been soooo good, all day, that we all got a drink, washed our hands, loaded into the car and we headed off to an expensive restaurant. Not really sure what I was thinking, other than that I wanted a steak sandwich, but we all had fun and the kids had the rare experience of eating off of a table that wasn’t plastic!
The kids were so good and acted so well adjusted all day that it made me think that maybe they will turn out all right...
I mainly got videos of this great venture today, which I'll try to post later when I have a better internet connection! But in the mean time, here are some pictures.
1 comment:
They are just so darn cute! I don't think we're ever going to brave an actual table cloth restaurant with our little Ukrainians until they have been home for a looooong time! I'm glad your little Ugandans were so well behaved and made you so proud!
We're really considering Uganda again for next time now that the visa issue was straightened out and looks to be under control. I'm just not that confident in Ethiopia anymore to proceed with our adoption there. We connected with an HIV orphanage in South Africa, but apparently it is really hard for Americans to adopt from SA, although not impossible. But, what do I know? Nothing. :)
Post a Comment