Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Back to Mto Moyoni!

Once again, we spent the night in Jinja at Mto Moyoni and once again, we had a great time!


What really amazed me was that over breakfast I actually struck up conversation with the other expats there. This almost NEVER, ever happens. I am easily turned off and have some really bad attitudes towards missionaries, due to some not so good experiences I’ve had, but apparently I’m making progress!


There was a really friendly little ten or twelve year old boy who come to find out, was born literally just over the hill in Red Lodge, Montana!! Well, what do you know? No WONDER he was so nice! ;) I chatted local news (and Bearcreek pig races) with his mom, adoption issues with a Ugandan gal, and some other chit chat with another gal. I have to say, God has really used my kids to open me up and cause me to be a bit more friendly to other expats. Perhaps my snarling and glaring days are over?! Ella’s rubbing off on me : -).


However, Ella actually DID have a shy moment during breakfast! Pretty amazing, really, but all those expats made her clam up and QUIETLY eat her breakfast for once. It was actually FRANKIE who was giving us a LOUD running commentary on what everyone else was doing – “The boy is eating his bread,” “That people washed her hair,” “He is drinking his tea,” etc! Luckily he wasn’t commenting on any ones physical features or anything else too embarrassing: -)


The wee ones standing in front of our room

I really think that I could use Frank and this pathetic face to solicit money for abused and disadvantaged children or something. He really is a happy, cheery little boy, until you get a camera out – then it’s this sad, pathetic little face!


I’m all about child labor! My Ellster is a strong little girl : -)


After sharing a room with the kids for one night, I’m REALLY glad that I don’t do it on a regular basis! Luckily the two kids were in one bed but Frankie’s “musical diapers” woke me up once – diapers really amplify noise! He then got startled during the night and started praying in a REALLY loud voice, too. If he ever gets married I pity his future wife! For now I pity his sister :)



1 comment:

Sandie said...

Hahahaha...Im laughing at Frankies loud commentary over breakfast! Would have immpressed the expat crowd no doubt! XX Very cute.