At last! Ella and I got to attend a "pig play date" at our friend Summers house on Friday. It had been postponed a couple times before, due to illness of various family members (not the piglet!).
I must say, my maternal instincts are really roused when it comes baby pigs. I think it must be from when I was a child (about 9 or 10 years old?) and some friends kept their two sows and a total of 15 piglets in our barn. My sisters and I never played with dolls much because we didn't need to. We had 15 piglets to mother, for heaven's sake!
Ella and our friends piglet
Eliza and Ella, holding Eliza's little pig
Ella, proudly holding her own baby hedgehog, Spokey
You can see just how small the baby hogs are. Just a tad bit bigger than my phone!
Ella has had quite a streak of independence lately. Last week she told me she was going to go get on an airplane and fly to Montana to visit Granny for a week, leaving me behind to take care of the dogs. Then Sunday she told me to stay home because she was going to drive herself to church. She hoped I wouldn’t cry J. Sweet kid, eh? Fortunately she didn’t want to fly the plane!
No comments:
Post a Comment