Since we’d had such a great time at the zoo the Tuesday before, I took Friday off and we headed back to the zoo in the morning.
This time, in honor of Granny and because we were in the party mood, we rented a golf cart for an hour. What fun! Although they’re not expensive we rarely rent one as I figure that the zoo is a great place to exercise my kids and let them out to run. So when we do rent a golf cart it is a special treat!

Granny and kidlets, overlooking the giraffes (who were walking away)

Yeehaw!!! I asked Granny if she ever thought she'd be visiting her youngest offspring and driving a gold cart through Africa before and she said no :)

We saw "our" camels walking down the road

And Ella had to jump out and do an impression of a camel with a floppy hump!

Obviously this picture wasn't pre approved by Granny but I just love it and had to post it anyway! Nothing like a maniacle Granny in a golf cart, with her wide eyed granddaughter!

Because we are always so very safety concience, the kids used thier "seat belts" when standing on the back.

They sure do beat a bunch of golf clubs, even though they do eat more!

"See ya later!"


Having a stare down with the lionness

"Which one looks the tastiest?" the lionness is thinking

Frank was not feeling well but managed to hold it together and have a bit of fun.

Our new family photo

There is nothing quite like giving a camel a smooch on thier soft flappy lips! Ella was totally clowning it up. She is a hands on type of gal and her little hands were all over the baby camel, who loved it!

Camel riding, while fun, is incredibly serious business, as you can see from the faces of this camel riding/loving family. The only one who appears to be smiling is me and the camel!

Granny is now having a little talking to, with the baby camel. The baby then decided that she LOVED, and I mean LOVED Granny! It was so hilarious!
Please note the mama camel in the background. I often feel just like that mama camel looks!

An interlude was taken and the donkeys given a little exercise

While we were taking an interlude with the donkey's, Granny couldn't get away from her lonely baby camel friend!!!
Now, there is something about Granny and my animals. They all just LOVE her. And I mean LOVE. Ms Dave is constantly jumping on Granny, licking Granny, laying on Granny and generally just can not get enough of Gran. It is hilarious! The dogs love Granny too, not to mention the kids! Well, this baby camel was no exception - she loved Granny too!

Giving Granny a hug. We figured that this little baby camel must have been missing her own Granny in Somolia, which was why the extreme affection to our Granny from Montana!

"Oh, I just love you so much Granny! Here's a hug!"

Too bad I wouldn't adopt a baby camel next. Granny would love the new grandchild and the new grandchild would love her!

While we were riding the other camel, baby camel laid down for her nap. Here is Ella giving her a little hug.

Not EVER wanting to miss a photo shoot with this adorable baby, I plopped the family down - this is my favorite picture because she's nibbling Ella's ear!

The kids - this seriously makes me think about adopting again - a baby camel this time!

Aren't they cool looking when they're laying down?!!

Frank is just SO different than Ella. He wanted some "quiet time" with the baby camel and prefered to pet it when it was quietly laying down for it's nap and Ella had left!

To wrap up a fun morning at the zoo, the kids even got to jump on the jumping castle that was up!
2 comments:
I am thinking we are going to have to go to the zoo when we make it to Uganda!!! Such cute photos!
I sure hope that baby camel is still a baby when I get there! I might just ride it back here!
Post a Comment