Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Kayo, where are you? We miss you!

Last Friday we lost Kayo. I was running the dogs up by the State House at around 11pm and Kayo ended up missing. I could just SHOOT myself. One minute he was there, a second later he wasn't. Completely gone. Searched around in the dark for about 45 minutes before calling my mother (uh, like she can do anything in Montana!) in tears and heading home.

We are still looking for him and praying that we can either find him or he can find his way home (without getting hit by a car). It's not so terribly far where I lost him, however he is not so terribly bright either, and it was in an area of town where he was unfamiliar. We are praying hard everyday and I'm praying that God pays special attention to little Ella's prayers, "Jesus, please, I want my dog back!"

If you've followed this blog at all you know what an important part of our lives our dogs are. So this is a HUGE blow to this little family. And Kayo is/was such a terribly NAUGHTY dog that he is really missed. No Kayo to get his head stuck in the trash can, steal things from the trash, eat things off the table, chew up any toy that's left outside, jump on the trampoline and bite us, dig in the sand, gobble up anything that's dropped or spilled on the floor, plop his 50 lb self onto your lap, run over a kid, steal the soccer ball, bark uncontrollably at anyone he doesn't know (and sometimes who he does know!) who comes through the gate, and the list goes on. We REALLY miss this dog.

So, we continue to search, hope and pray for our doggie to be found or to return home. This has been a bigger blow than I care to admit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. Pets have a way of getting into our hearts something fierce!

BTW, I haven't heard from John at Nsambya, do you think it's o.k. for us to just show up? We only have a day, and my volunteers really want to "work" with the babies. suzy.gillies@gmail.com

Sandie said...

Hi Grace, sorry to introduce myself now.......but I have been enjoying your blog for a couple of months and just havent got around to it yet. When I checked this morning and saw Kyao was missing my heart skipped a beat. I know how much he means to you, that is clear. My prayers are that he has wandered home and is with you safe and sound. Our beloved dog went missing and showed up back at home 3 days later! If only he could talk! Thinking of you guys. XX
Sandie - Australia

Grace H. said...

Thanks Sandie. My sister has a dog that went missing for SIX MONTHS and finally came home! So I haven't given up hope yet.